“Casa Hacienda de Mamacona” - Since 1785
The Original "CASA HACIENDA"
The Mamacona's "Casa Hacienda" stands upon an Inca promontory, with classical colonial architecture, originally dating from 1785 and rebuilt in 1897 after its partial destruction by the successive earthquakes of the nineteenth century.
It is currently under renovation as a cultural and social revaluation, heading towards the opening of a "restaurant-museum,".
This "Casa Hacienda" has been the scene of many historical events, given the hospitality of the Silva Elguera family by the time, who hosted the famous German archaeologist Max Uhle, very affectionately thanking the Silva family in the Prologue of his important work: "Pachacamac: Report of the William Pepper, M.D., LL. D., Peruvian expedition of 1896", published by the University of Pennsylvania in 1903, a great book we highly recommend.
Museum, restaurant & bar.
Among the delights